Monday, April 19, 2010

Happy 36 to me!

My boss announced my birthday today at the morning meeting. This followed right behind the announcement that the snake was killed, but that the security guard was unsure if the snake killed was the one in question as there were additional snake sightings over the weekend (sigh). After telling everyone my age, he asked for a babysitter for me, which I found odd. I found it stranger that multiple people volunteered for the responsibility, some of whom I do not yet know, making me slightly uncomfortable. As it turns out, the birthday girl gets a free mini pizza for lunch and the “babysitter” gets free pizza too. So, I am not as popular as I thought, but I did get a veggie pizza and a lunch companion. Beats another day of beans and greens!

4 comments:

  1. Happy b-day, Caryl! How is the pizza in Malawi? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday girlfriend! Please stay clear of that snake. That is one thing you don't want to deal with! My mom went to her Exchange Club meeting today and the speaker was a RPCV who served in Malawi. She was all excited that she knew about the country, as few other people did. I sent her your blog link. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birfday! Hells yes I'll baby-sitcha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember the greens from Zimbabwe...ugh, I though I'd actually turn green by the end of my time there. I wonder if it's the same plant?

    ReplyDelete