Monday, June 13, 2011

On looking "smart"...

Looking "smart" here is a good thing, or so I am told. Funny that I am only told that I look this way when I think that I look ridiculous. When I wear my normal clothes -- like nice pants and a blouse -- no one says anything. Now, when I roll into work looking like a 60-year old school teacher with a zest for glittery flannel, then I look "smart." 3 women told me that I looked smart today. And, look at me! I looked like a lazy schlepper (which is just how I felt today). To further decrease my self esteem, I will share my outfit with you all. Jon and Veronica have been laughing about it all day...now, so can you!
Soon, I will tell you about all the days that I arrive at work and people tell me that I got fat - like overnight. Looking "fat" (not phat) is also supposed to be a compliment. Some things about Malawi I will never understand...

1 comment:

  1. And why is it that you own this shirt? ;) It's certainly not your style as I knew it to be.

    ReplyDelete