Monday, August 9, 2010

How daily life in Malawi is like a cosine graph


Just a few snippets from my day:

1. After 4 long months, veggie dogs are back at the supermarket. My friend and I each bought about $75 in textured protein and did a great impression of ravenous wolves while digging through the cartons to find the (chickenless)nuggets and (beef-like)shreds! (This is an up in the graph, in case you questioned)

2. I threw out my cardboard refrigerator box this morning. Tonight, I just walked outside to find my night guards sleeping in it. Hmmm. (down again)

3. Then, my trip to Pemba - a resort town on the Mozambican coast - was confirmed. So, I will be headed off to practice my Portuguese and play with some academics about HIV research. Maybe not to you, but almost like heaven to me! (up up up!)

4. I very excitedly bought mosquito nets today. I even sent a driver out towards the airport to purchase them - in size large - and bring them back so I could have them tonight. I ripped open the package and tried them on the bed...too small. Sigh. (grr. down)

5. But, just 4 more days until Jon arrives!!!! (the biggest up of all!!! (and, yes, I know they are all equal))

No comments:

Post a Comment