Tuesday, April 19, 2011

You look good....for 37

Today I turn 37. I cannot believe it. How did this happen????? I don't feel old. To Jon, I must not look too old. Last Friday, the only day that I work and Jon stays home, Jon baked me a delicious cake -- complete with chocolate icing, "3" & "7" candles, and a message written in chopped Swedish Fish candy: "You look good for 37"! Of course, I was just 36 at the time.

I was completely surprised when he brought out the cake! There had been no mess in the house, no chocolate smell, no idea that I would get cake early. We had some Peace Corps volunteers over for the night who also relished the delicious and decadent treat. Yum! The frosting took on a complete life of its own, acting as both topping and mortar, keeping the cake layers in place. I LOVE chocolate cake, but I only like frosting. Lucky for me, I got to pick out all the cake and leave some frosting on the plate. Jon, martyr that he is, ate the extra frosting to prevent waste...Happy 37th birthday to me!

4 comments:

  1. I thought our readers would be interested to know those candles were purchased in Egypt back in November (I plan ahead!) and were diligently glued back together for this occasion.

    We should also acknowledge Veronica for the contribution of the Swedish Fish, which I opened just for this occasion. Thanks, Vern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday, Caryl! The cake looks yummy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good thing you decided to keep this one, Caryl!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday, friend! Do you think 37 feels old? I think I look better than I ever did...and you look pretty darn great too. Miss you! Let's try to Skype. I have the Ipad2 with face time:)

    ReplyDelete